The Vision of the federation is to achieve a strong network of advocates for everyday cycling, for everyone, in every community.
The Purpose of the federation is to:
- Facilitate networking, information-exchange, training and mutual support among local campaigners and campaign groups;
- Facilitate dialogue and co-ordination between those involved in local and national-level campaigning;
- Enable the development and delivery of nationally co-ordinated campaigns designed to be delivered locally;
- Provide a comprehensive set of resources and information about and for local cycling campaigning;
- Develop and strengthen campaign groups of all sizes, and help form new groups where none exist.
A 2014 survey of our members suggested the federation’s top two priorities should be:
- Enabling the development and delivery of nationally co-ordinated campaigns;
- Facilitating dialogue and co-ordination between those involved in campaigning.
The November 2014 EGM formally adopted the following priorities for the federation:
- Cyclenation should make Space for Cycling its current campaign;
- Cyclenation should shape that campaign with partners CTC (a Cyclenation affiliate) and the London Cycling Campaign (a Cyclenation member), in collaboration with its members and non-member cycling groups;
- The Board should co-ordinate the actions of members as required;
- The Board should prioritise the deployment of the resources of the federation (including, but not limited to, its online communications channels and its funds) to support members in participating in the Space for Cycling campaign;
- The Board should also prioritise the facilitation of effective dialogue between federation members on cycling campaigning issues in general, and as they arise;
- In providing leadership, and in facilitating dialogue, the Board should do so in a consultative, open and accountable manner.